Let’s dive right in, these are a few pointers to guide online behavior I think are worth implementing!
- Be polite & respectful on the internet.
- Manage bookmarks, folders, and start-up search engine windows to have quick access to the important things.
- Manage uploaded documents/media (Google drive, YouTube, etc.) to streamline productivity.
- Keep your email inbox clean and organized, you don’t want to miss out on important emails.
- Acknowledge good content. A lot of online content is free although it is a result of hard work. Take a few seconds to acknowledge it and make the authors feel like they rewarded.
- Backup Login Ids and Passwords
- Keep plugins up to date
- Spread information that is reliable. Check where it’s coming from and verify if you can. A lot of false knowledge spreads because the user does not cross-check facts. For example, the brain does not work at 10% capacity. We use 100% percent.
- If you want to gather information on a specific topic. Find an article and check its sources and citations. They often provide much richer information.
- A lot of great search results are available on the later pages of google. You can find extraordinary and legitimate content on google pages beyond 10 or 15.
- Special mention: Delete unnecessary large items. It costs someone some amount of money to keep things stored online and the 3.5 billion+ of us using it right now collectively make using the internet a little more expensive! Let’s not do that.
I know most of these are basic habits, but I feel many don’t make the most with these. Cyberspace is like home!
Honestly speaking, I myself have occasionally failed to maintain these habits! But, yes, there is some deliberate effort put into implementing them… now that I preach them!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Hey! Thank you for reading; hope you enjoyed the article. I run Cognition Today to paint a holistic picture of psychology. My content here is referenced in Forbes, CNET, Entrepreneur, Lifehacker, a few books, academic courses, and research papers.
I’m an applied psychologist from Bangalore, India. Love sci-fi, horror media; Love rock, metal, synthwave, and pop music; can’t whistle; can play the guitar.
2 thoughts on “11 Simple habits to maintain when you are on the internet!”
How can i manage my bookmarks (mainly Quora and other apps) i have thousands of bookmarks and I don’t know how to sort them properly so as to access them later more properly..
The best way you can do this is to organize them in folders – topic & category folders are efficient for many, including me. You can also create website folders (Quora-random trivia, quora-explanations, quora-self-help, etc.)
Comments are closed.